I had a request for a ‘raw’ version of my gluten free toasted muesli recipe. At first I thought, without the coconut oil, maple syrup and toasting, it will be boring and chewy. HOWVEVER it will be quick, easy, and it turns out, it’s actually not too bad! Am I selling you on this?
If you are on a Low FODMAP way of eating, it can be difficult to find a muesli that meets your requirements. Add in gluten free, sugar free, and it’s almost impossible. So what are you going to do about it? Make your own.
gluten free raw muesli
6 to 7 cups
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 1 cup puffed amaranth
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1 cup of pecans, macadamias or walnuts (or combination), chopped or broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup LSA mix (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds & almonds)
- 1 cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, put the puffed cereals, the nuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds and LSA or coconut flakes (if using). Stir gently to combine (these puffed cereals like to jump out, they are so light!)
- Store in an airtight container. This gluten free raw muesli will last for several weeks.
- Serve with organic milk, and fresh fruit. My husband tops his gluten free cornflakes with this muesli.
- If you cannot find puffed millet, or puffed quinoa, or puffed amaranth, you can substitute any of them for each other, or try puffed brown rice
- You can double or triple the batch, and it will last for several weeks in an airtight container in the pantry
- If you don’t tolerate them, you can leave the nuts out, maybe try a selection of seeds instead, like sunflower, pepitas or sesame seeds.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE TO URBAN HOMESTEADING
Sign up to our email list to receive your FREE 40-page eGuide (with Printable Worksheets, and Assessment + Design Tool) to help you start planning your vege gardens, chickens and more today, plus how to tackle those pesky challenges, like finding time, money and energy (or getting your family on board)! You will also receive fortnightly emails with garden + kitchen advice to help you find yourself in the dirt!