Ooh, this popcorn is not only a delicious combination of salty, spicy and sweet, but it’s super easy to make… in the microwave. No toxic bags or ingredients though, just simple, real food. Bring on movie night! Or you know, afternoon snack time.
About 2 cups of popcorn
- 1 tbsp popping corn
- 1 tbsp organic salted butter
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for a low FODMAP version)
- 1 tsp flavoured salt, like chilli salt, or smoked salt, or just sea salt/ salt flakes
- Melt butter & honey in a small microwave proof glass jug
- Put about 1 tablespoon of popping corn kernels into the brown paper bag (no oil or butter is necessary). Any more than 1 tbsp, and you find that the kernels that pop early, start to burn whilst waiting for the rest to pop
- Double fold over the top of the paper bag. You can fold the corners over too if you like!
- Zap on high for 2 to 3 minutes, but listen carefully, when the popping starts to decrease, say less than 1 pop every 3 seconds, stop the microwave (otherwise the popped popcorn will start to burn whilst waiting for the rest to pop).
- You can remove the popped corn off the top and try popping wherever is left in the bag if you like. (You can also reuse the bag if you need to make more batches, but some oil will come out of the kernels on to the bag).
- Stir the honey butter, and pour over the pop corn, quickly stirring the popcorn around.
- Then sprinkle with salt/ chilli salt.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE TO URBAN HOMESTEADING
Sign up to our email list to receive your FREE 40-page eGuide (with Printable Worksheets, and Assessment + Design Tool) to help you start planning your vege gardens, chickens and more today, plus how to tackle those pesky challenges, like finding time, money and energy (or getting your family on board)! You will also receive fortnightly emails with garden + kitchen advice to help you find yourself in the dirt!