I love a melty slab of butter oozing on barbecue meat or fish. Or melting into freshly baked gluten free bread. And you can pretty much use any combination of herbs that you like, or that you have grown in your garden. Try a combination of herbs like basil, chives, flat leaf parsley, oregano, thyme, tarragon, dill. Use fresh or dried, whatever you have, or even better, a combination of both really adds freshness and oomph.
Herb + Garlic Butter
About 1 cup
- 250gm organic salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs
- 2 tbsp dried herbs
- 1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tsp roast onion infused olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt (use rosemary or herb salt, if you have it)
- Remove herb leaves from stalks.
- Process infused oils and herbs in food processor, until the herbs are finely chopped.
- Add the softened butter, and blend until combined with herbs and oils.
- Using baking paper, roll into a log and chill until set, and needed.
- Cut slices to serve, on top of grilled meat or fish, place on baked chicken pieces before baking, or to top freshly baked bread rolls.
MEAL PREP/ COOK ONCE, SERVE TWICE
- This herb and garlic butter can be made in advance, and stored in the fridge for up to a week, or transfer to the freezer until needed.
- If you would like to know more about a low FODMAP way of eating, read this.
- If using thyme, sage or rosemary, you really need to finely chop the herb leaves, and may need to do this by hand, before adding to the food processor.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE TO URBAN HOMESTEADING
Sign up to our email list to receive your FREE 40-page eGuide (with Printable Worksheets, and Assessment + Design Tool) to help you start planning your vege gardens, chickens and more today, plus how to tackle those pesky challenges, like finding time, money and energy (or getting your family on board)! You will also receive fortnightly emails with garden + kitchen advice to help you find yourself in the dirt!