It’s after dinner, the kids are in bed, and you have a sudden craving for chocolate. But there’s none in the cupboard, even the secret hidey spot on the top shelf. You mentally case the camping gear, the sports bags, the glove box. Nope. I can’t believe we have no chocolate anywhere! The more you think about it, the greater the craving gets. But its OK, don’t panic, make this and in 20 minutes you will be satisfying that craving!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
24 mini cups
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- Optional: Tiny pinch of salt or chipotle powder on each
- Melt and mix the coconut oil, peanut butter, cacao powder and syrup.
- Pour into silicone mini muffin cups, and sprinkle small amount of salt or chilli powder (or both) on top. I used Smoked Chilli & Garlic Salt from my local butcher.
- Put in the fridge or freezer until set (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Remove chocolate peanut butter cups from silicone cups, and transfer into a lidded container & keep in the fridge or freezer.
- I have not tried it, but you could make these with a different nut butter.