Do you love making Asian-style salads, and rice paper rolls? You need a tangy dressing with a kick, like my low FODMAP tangy Asian-style dressing, which also doubles as a dipping sauce.
asian-style dressing & Dipping Sauce
about 1/4 cup
- 1cm x 1cm piece of fresh ginger (1 tsp once finely grated)
- 5 Vietnamese mint/ common mint leaves (or Thai basil)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1 tbsp) or 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar or verjuice
- 2 tbsp gluten free tamari
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic oil
- 1/4 tsp roast onion oil
- 1/2 to 1 stick lemongrass
- 1 small chilli (or a glug of Sweet Chilli and Ginger Sauce, or Green Chilli and Lime Sauce)
- Peel the ginger, using a vegetable peeler or small paring knife (throw any knobbly bits into a batch of Ginger Cordiol)
- If using lemongrass, remove the hard outer layers from the lemongrass stem area (and cut the softer green tips off too – set aside to use in tea)
- Finely grate the ginger (and lemongrass, if using) on a 2mm fine kitchen rasp – see photos below
- Very finely chop the mint (or basil) and chilli (is using – remove seeds & white if it is a super hot chilli)
- Combine the lime juice, tamari, macadamia oil, brown sugar, fish sauce, sesame, garlic and roast onion oils in a small bowl or jug.
- Stir or whisk to combine, until sugar has dissolved.
- Add ginger and herbs (lemongrass and chilli, if using) and stir to combine
- Serve with rice paper rolls, Pork and Lime Meatballs, or use as a dressing on an Asian noodle salad