Do you love making Asian-style salads, and rice paper rolls? You need a tangy dressing with a kick, like my low FODMAP tangy Asian-style dressing, which also doubles as a dipping sauce.
asian-style dressing & Dipping Sauce
about 1/4 cup
- 1cm x 1cm piece of fresh ginger (1 tsp once finely grated)
- 5 Vietnamese mint/ common mint leaves (or Thai basil)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1 tbsp) or 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar or verjuice
- 2 tbsp gluten free tamari
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic oil
- 1/4 tsp roast onion oil
- 1/2 to 1 stick lemongrass
- 1 small chilli (or a glug of Sweet Chilli and Ginger Sauce, or Green Chilli and Lime Sauce)
- Peel the ginger, using a vegetable peeler or small paring knife (throw any knobbly bits into a batch of Ginger Cordiol)
- If using lemongrass, remove the hard outer layers from the lemongrass stem area (and cut the softer green tips off too – set aside to use in tea)
- Finely grate the ginger (and lemongrass, if using) on a 2mm fine kitchen rasp – see photos below
- Very finely chop the mint (or basil) and chilli (is using – remove seeds & white if it is a super hot chilli)
- Combine the lime juice, tamari, macadamia oil, brown sugar, fish sauce, sesame, garlic and roast onion oils in a small bowl or jug.
- Stir or whisk to combine, until sugar has dissolved.
- Add ginger and herbs (lemongrass and chilli, if using) and stir to combine
- Serve with rice paper rolls, Pork and Lime Meatballs, or use as a dressing on an Asian noodle salad
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE TO URBAN HOMESTEADING
Sign up to our email list to receive your FREE 40-page eGuide (with Printable Worksheets, and Assessment + Design Tool) to help you start planning your vege gardens, chickens and more today, plus how to tackle those pesky challenges, like finding time, money and energy (or getting your family on board)! You will also receive fortnightly emails with garden + kitchen advice to help you find yourself in the dirt!